- NY Post: "You know what your "big idea" is and you know it will make you rich and famous if you give it a go. So what's holding you back? Sooner or later you have got to commit yourself, and your birthday chart says soonest is best." Also: "You will be hugely assertive over the next few days. According to the planets you have no intention of playing a supporting role - you know you should be the star and you won't let anyone steal your glory."
Oh my god, THIS is a kick in the ass...
- Canoe: "Uncertainty will cloud your decisions if you don't ask questions and discuss possibilities. The more upfront you are about your goals, the easier it will be to stay on track. Exercise your right to an opinion, and be wary of unpredictable or impulsive people. Take a practical approach and choose quality over quantity. Your numbers are 3, 15, 18, 23, 26, 31, 40. Birthday Baby: You are dedicated, loyal and hardworking. You are powerful, patient and prudent."
Also rather a kick...
- Chicago Tribune: "Don't be surprised if your normally grounded energy deserts you today, leaving you feeling restless and keyed up. You might talk with people all day, or read, write and stimulate your mind with ideas. By the time nightfall rolls around, your body may be tired, but your mind will still be active! It's hard to relax when you're so full of antsy energy. Take slow, deep breaths to calm your nerves."
- Tarot.com: "Treat yourself to all the things you like, but remember that moderation is the best way to avoid the consequences of having "more than enough"! You can make real progress today by simply remaining true to your values instead of trying to reach arbitrary milestones throughout the day. It's easier to overcome your own inertia if you are passionate about your goals. You'll be able to accomplish each successive task on your list if they are part of a holistic approach, rather than just isolated chores. Nevertheless, it's smart to begin slowly and build momentum throughout the day."
- Georgia Nichols: "You feel better about your financial situation today because things seem to be falling into place (fingers crossed). Trust your money-making ideas. You'll enjoy shopping today, especially for beautiful goodies for yourself and loved ones. Keep an eye out for collectibles. ("Look at that!")"
- chron.com: "Knowledge can be like a light that turns on in your mind, or it can be a structure that complicates matters by casting confusing shadows. In the latter case, keep studying until you have your breakthrough."
- NZ Herald: "The Sun/Mars trine encourages you to be a bold and brave Bull. Be inspired by birthday great Shirley MacLaine "Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. It's where all the fruit is."
- Seattle Times: "Today is an 8 -- Words come easily. Use them to increase your fortunes. First, set a juicy goal. Determine what you want, as well as a strategy to obtain it. Craft a winning pitch. Get creative."
- Daily Horoscopes: "If you have been considering a new business venture lately, this Sunday is the day you may be able to put your plans together and see the possibilities come together. Additionally, you may find it favorable to voice your ideas. Ambitious schemes and the pursuit of success and status take on a high priority this Monday. This Tuesday is a good time to step aside and think a bit on what each of us does to protect the future of our own space, neighborhood, city, state, country, etc. Very simply, the future of our ability to live comfortably begins within each person's personal space. Thoughts and ideas are usually running through your head a mile a minute this Wednesday. You might enjoy having a notebook or tape recorder handy for note taking. You have a sense of practicality to get many things completed and behind you this Thursday. It is good to do some serious thinking about work or a certain project--calculating the results. This Friday has favorable aspects for financial dealings and if you have received money recently, there are some very good ways to invest it. A private talk with a friend this Saturday morning leads to revisions in a plan. You are flexible and find little problem in bending one way or another. Your co-workers, friends and family will notice that your sense of humor and your good attitude is stronger than ever this Sunday. You may be pleased at some recent accomplishments. New ideas and an independent or pioneering mental orientation take on more importance in your life this Monday. Enjoy your special time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
- Elle: "Today, the moon and pleasure-planet Venus are in Gemini, your second house of work, money, and sophistication. Since you already have quite the penchant for the better things in life, Taurus, today’s planetary activity adds even more chicness to your personal mix…which is never really a bad thing, right? Have an important business meeting at a great new lunch spot (instead of huddled together over sandwiches in a conference room), add a bouquet of beautiful flowers to your office desk, and head to an elegant watering hole after work. No one can live the good life quite like you!"
- astro.com: "Happy birthday! Today the Sun returns to the position it was in when you were born. As would seem appropriate with this transit, today is a day of new beginnings, and the influences you feel today will affect the entire year to come. However, this does not mean that the whole year will be disappointing if today doesn't work out exactly as planned. You are receiving a new impulse from the energy center within you, as symbolized by the Sun. Therefore any new venture that you start at this time will ride the crest of this new energy and will very likely come to an acceptable conclusion. Whatever you do or begin today will bear the stamp of your individuality more than anything else. This is the day to assert yourself anew."
- Ruby Slipper: "Mercury and Uranus will uncover a secret or shine the light on a surprising potential. Flashes of insight are particularity powerful and should not be ignored. Messages or ideas that seem to come out of nowhere have actually been brewing for the past few months. The Sun in your sign receives a boost from Mars in your sector of creativity and celebrations. Expect increased confidence, self-assurance and the calm knowledge that you are on the right track."
- MSN Astro.com: "April 24 people make terrific parents and unconventional lovers, because they resist any kind of cliche in their thinking. Nobody born today thinks others should behave in a certain way if it makes them unhappy. Good news for their tearaway kids. Good news for their love-life too because they have an open mind about everything. Not such good news for the parents of young April 24, who probably won't agree with anything their parents say, certainly won't do what they are told, and will probably drive teachers at school mad with their questions. This is a day which questions everything, especially the status quo. At work, they can't understand why bosses are supposed to know less about certain parts of the organisation than the workers. As bosses themselves, they make sure that all managers mix with the workers, understand the business from the floor upwards and don't behave patronisingly to employees. They are also careful to maintain a healthy environment for people at work. Kind and fair, employees like them. Managers are frightened of what they will think up next. And it's likely to be no private offices, no company cars and everybody eating together in the canteen. They throw a great party at work and at home. These are the people who shine at karaoke, dance brilliantly and often play in their own band. Some go on to make a career in showbusiness, where they will be known for their innovative style and infectious energy. On stage, everybody likes working with them because they are generous about others' talent, and always good for a laugh. Many people born on this day are keen on sport, sometimes overkeen according to their long suffering lovers and friends, who have to listen and enthuse until tears of boredom flow. Their homes will be tapped into cable and satellite for the sport, and newspapers seized first for the sports pages.
April 24 people can suffer from physical tension, or simply muscle strain. They get this from sport, just horsing around, and moving through life fast. An aromatic bath may be the answer. It's not expensive, helps skin disorders, relieves muscular and other pains, and induces restful sleep. Some essential oils can be an irritant to the skin if you use more than three drops. So be careful of basil, ginger, fennel,orange and peppermint. Sandalwood is one of the mildest and you may safely use up to 10 drops in your bath. Sprinkle the drops after you have run the bath.
Most people born on this day are essentially kind, but some may get swept away and make more conventional people feel dull and even afraid. Terrifying others is never an attractive characteristic, and always rebounds on you."
- Cafe Astrology: "You are a determined person and you intuitively know that with patience, you can accomplish anything you set out to do. You easily earn respect from others around you, due in part to your regal manner. Your family is extremely important to you, and many of your values are quite traditional, which keeps you grounded and responsible. However, you are unafraid of embracing the new, even if you do so slowly. Famous people born today: Shirley MacLaine, Barbara Streisand, Kelly Clarkson.
Your Birthday Year Forecast:
With the Sun and Moon in a waxing semi-square at the time of your birthday this year, the period ahead is one of new initiatives and action. You possess quite a bit of energy, but you must be aware that emotions color much of what you do this year. It can be hard to be objective as a result.
Saturn opposes your Sun beginning in November. During this time period, you may experience some form of disillusionment with regards to an important person in your life, with authority figures, with personal plans and achievements, or with aspects of your own personality. You may feel "left out", blocked from advancing in your chosen life path, or temporarily lacking in energy and confidence. Ego boosts don't seem to be forthcoming, or if they are, you don't see them in such a light. Some sort of buckling down is necessary at this time, and is often perceived as limitations coming from other people or from circumstances. A general feeling of "slowdown" is likely, and if regular tasks seem more overwhelming than usual, it is likely due to poor spirits and lack of motivation. Sometimes, this transit is associated with problems with the teeth, bones in general, and the skin. It is also associated with mechanical breakdowns in your life. However, these generally happen because you haven't been managing your life effectively, and Saturn calls upon you to identify the weaker areas of your life, and to fix or strengthen them. Take the time to sort out your life, improve your work, and to become more efficient. Taking a slow and steady approach to life is necessary now. Pushing too hard will likely lead to frustration and setbacks. Take it easy and work on self-improvement. Results are not immediate, but will eventually come and bring healthy rewards. This influence lifts rather quickly, lasting only approximately a month.
You are especially interested in setting goals and challenges for yourself this year, and taking the necessary action to meet them. You may meet or interact with others who encourage or inspire you in some way to have more confidence in yourself. Your energy levels are generally strong this year, and your sense of timing better than usual, particularly from October forward. You tend to instinctively know the right course of action to take in most situations. Your desire nature is strong, and increased physical activity, including sexual, is likely. Independent work is favored and competitive activities may also thrive this year. Joie de vivre and increased energy can truly enhance your life in many ways, not only because you are more able to enjoy life this way, but also because others sense your dynamism and you are likely to attract good things to you as a result. Stress is eased as you feel more confident about your abilities and your judgment. Also, you are more able to assert yourself without rubbing people the wrong way. You are more inclined than usual to help and support others this year.
With Mercury conjunct Uranus in your Return chart, there are bound to be some surprises in store. Your thinking is more clever and original this year, and there may be unexpected opportunities for travel (or at least "armchair" travel), as well as new and perhaps unusual friendships. You are able to come up with original solutions to existing problems and brand new ideas more readily this year. Unusual, sudden, or eye-opening connections to younger people are likely to figure. This is a good year for projects involving technology or New Age topics. You may find more opportunities to attend meetings and other organized group activities, to communicate online, and to take part in activities involving computers, scientific projects, or metaphysics. Your intuition is strong, and insights seem to come from "out of the blue". Original, creative ideas are easy to come by this year.
You need to be aware of a tendency to be attracted to impractical ventures, however. You may experience passive-aggressiveness in others, which impacts your life in frustrating ways, or you could find relationships with others confusing and hard to define. Although you may enjoy an increase in your intuitive capabilities, you could also be too open to influence so that fears or delusions impact your ability to see your life clearly. Take an objective look also at how your dreams and visions fit into the lives of others and the world in general. As well, your energy can vary greatly from one period to the next, so take advantage of the "high" periods in order to offset the possible loss in productivity during the low-energy stages. This could also be a year in which you are considerably more creative.
Both confidence and energy are up and down this year, but when you're in the zone, you can accomplish much. Some of your efforts can meet with resistance this year, but delays tend to allow you the chance to make important refinements. You are helpful and supportive of others. Intuition runs high and creativity is strong. New interests and ideas are many and progressive in the period ahead.
2012 is a Number Six year for you. Ruled by Venus. This is a year of relative contentment. It is a time when love is the easiest to attract, and partnerships formed under this vibration have a better chance for longevity. You are able to attract others, and material things as well, this year. This is a good year for establishing harmony in the family and in the home. Advice - develop existing relationships, be positive and receptive because these kinds of energies help you to attract what you desire.
2013 will be a Number Seven year for you. Ruled by Neptune. This is a year of preparation, chance, and refinement. It is not a time of dramatic changes. Instead, it's a year when reflection on the past is helpful, and when refinements to your life path should be made. It's a good year to study and analyze. Unexpected twists to your life story and "chance" meetings are probable. Advice - take stock of your life in order to prepare for more exciting years to come, examine the past and plan for the future, get in touch with your deepest needs and uncover your personal power, don't strain yourself or actively try to expand."