First, there was drama on Metatalk:
"I remember when this place was accused of being a Boyzone. Now, it's simply become openly hostile to men. Woman asks for divorce advice, and, predictably, out come the masses, advising her about how it's not just her right, but that it's actually a 'good thing' to extract as much as possible from the husband."
Everyone then trots out examples of times when men asked divorce questions and were told to get shark lawyers. And then...
- "I have a good feeling about this thread."
- "OH MY GOD THE DREAD SPECTRE OF EQUALITY
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"
- "OH GOD A WOMAN HIRED A LAWYER"
- "OH GOD SOMEONE TAUGHT A WOMAN TO READ"
- "NEXT THEY'LL BE HAVING IDEAS"
- "IDEAS NOT ABOUT APPLE PIES AND DELICIOUS ROASTS"
- "If you write your name in the snow with your pee, don't take it as a criticism of your man parts when people get upset that you ruined the snow."
- "Awesome, I love when conversations turn into bumper stickers on both sides of an argument."
- "I tentatively advance the proposition that women are people."
Ain't that the truth.