Hoo boy, am I glad that I went out of town on Saturday and nothing else SUPER exploded while I did that.
- Gamblers' odds of impeachment
- Trump Voodoo Pincushion (Ravelry link). This is a good idea....but let me work on something a little less octopi? Oh, look, Knit a Git (Ravelry link). Or My Ex is Full of Knit (Ravelry link)
- Hatch’s voicemail box was full, so Utah voter tried a pizza box It sorta worked?
"About two hours after Silge placed the order, a federal security officer reached out to her. "I got a call about a suspicious pizza," he said over the phone. Hatch's office, it turns out, had refused the delivery and reported it to police — and Silge's name and number were on the receipt.
"I definitely had a sinking feeling in my stomach," she reflected. "At this point, I'm starting to realize this was maybe not my best thought-out plan."
But though the pizza was trashed, the senator's office saw Silge's post on Twitter — a screenshot of the online order which has been retweeted more than 5,000 times — and informed Hatch about the message.
"We appreciate all creative efforts to reach Senator Hatch, particularly as we deal with a large volume of out-of-state callers that are preventing Utah constituents from reaching us," the senator's staff said in a prepared statement. "Unfortunately, the pizza did not make it through security screening because the office had not ordered it."
- “I personally wish that he had never run. I told him that,”
- Sending back their tweets.
- Trevor Noah's "Trump is a toddler" theme continues.
- Terrifying Things List.
- An uplifting round up of European magazine covers.
- Impeachment, the song.
- All the executive orders.
SN&R this week: