Explanation of that title here.
Can I be real a second, just for a millisecond? I do not give a shit about Kellyanne's feet on the couch (both Washington Post). The woman does a billion worse things than sit on a couch funny. This is not a priority. Though I did laugh at this one and Everyone in this photo is making a strange life choice.The same kind of goes for how Trump eats steak, except I did find some interesting articles about that one. This one is particularly deep.
- Annotated speech is up. Another annotated version is up at Washington Post.
- Fact checking.
- The Donald Trump Show is getting stale and boring: He doesn’t want to be president, he just wants to play one on TV
- Any minute now, Trump will ruin the good impression he just made (Washington Post)
- Obamacare changed American health care forever, and Trump’s speech proved it: Republicans now agree health insurance is the government’s job.
- Trump proposed 5 specific policies to replace Obamacare. Here’s how they work.
- All 22 promises Trump made in his speech to Congress, in one chart
- Democratic Response to Trump's Address to Congress
That's....new: New Trump Order Drops Iraq From Travel Ban List
- FBI once planned to pay former British spy who authored Trump dossier
- “We’re Canadians,” Toderian said. “We don’t get angry very often. But we are offended.”
- "President Trump and his aides despise and condemn anonymous leaks to reporters. Except, of course, when they are the ones doing the leaking."
- Aisle hogs don't care this time.
- Mattis and McMaster are canaries in Trump’s coal mine: "Like the proverbial canaries in the coal mine, Secretary of Defense James N. Mattis and national security adviser H.R. McMaster are expected to be early alarms in the event that life in the Trump administration becomes untenable. If the White House fails to build an atmosphere in which they can work, Mattis and McMaster – both of whom are keenly aware that the world is watching their every move – could take their leave. The shock waves caused by their departure would be felt throughout the White House, Congress, and foreign capitals around the globe. The stakes couldn’t be higher — everyone knows that if they aren’t able to make it work, something must be seriously broken."
- There are a few voices of sanity around Trump. They’re likely to be overwhelmed.
- White House Power Rankings This Week.
- Republicans are headed for huge clashes with Trump
- "Spicer has become more useless with each passing day, because what he says too often isn’t true. Unlike with Kellyanne Conway, the press cannot very well refuse to put Spicer on air, but it can confront him on his inaccuracies and refuse to take virtually anything he says at face value."
- ‘La La Land’ producer Jordan Horowitz is the truth-teller we need right now: "Because what he did wasn’t exactly revolutionary. He told the truth even though it was difficult and awkward and embarrassing, because he had just stood in front of the world and thanked his friends and family for an award that wasn’t his....This kind of behavior shouldn’t be all that exceptional, but truth has been hard to come by lately."
- ‘Low information voters’ are a crucial part of Trump’s support
- Protesting Trump at a funeral
- President Trump’s friendly ‘Fox and Friends’ interview went exactly how you think it would
- “There are thousands of things that are more concerning than that, than him not going to a dinner which is kind of bulls— anyway,” he added.
- Donald Trump just admitted he’s incapable of acknowledging legitimate criticism
- News coverage of Trump is really, really negative. Even on Fox News. "Only 3 percent of the reports about Trump that aired on NBC and CBS were positive, while 43 percent were negative and 54 percent were neutral."
- "You can fool 37 percent of the people 100 percent of the time."
- The multiple ways Trump is hurting his base
- If Democrats want to beat Trump, they better stop fighting each other first
- Republicans demonstrate why they can’t be trusted to investigate the Russia scandal
- A student was punished for filming professor’s anti-Trump rant. Then came the backlash.
Fear and loathing:
- No sympathy for regretful Trump voters: "Tonight, the president will unveil his facsimile of a federal budget and I guarantee you it will make the lives of practically every person in all these stories worse, not better. And, in a few months, when it's really begun to bite, the editors and news directors will send out more expeditions to find out what "real Americans" feel about the disaster they've wrought on themselves, and us. They all had the same choices we did. They all had the same opportunity to inform themselves; I mean, it wasn't like the campaign was under-covered, and it wasn't like the eventual winner hasn't governed precisely the way he campaigned. Feeling lost and desperate is a terrible thing. But if, out of loss and desperation, you drink 20 cold beers out of the old preparation room and smash your car into a daycare center, the judge is not going to care how lost and desperate you felt. You build your own prisons in this life. You design your own sentences."
- Tibet Women’s Soccer team denied tourist visas to United States after a year of preparation
- Nineteen of Donald Trump’s White House staff and advisors have been fired or resigned this week
- Shock Us. Tell Us It’s Fake News. Tell Us to Move On.
- Way too many goddamned bomb threats.
- Oh, go ahead cops, shoot whoever you like.
- The Trump Administration Is Threatening to Publicly Release the Private Data of Immigrants and Foreign Visitors
- Great Manager’ Donald Trump sits at the top of the biggest org chart in the world. Why does he look so uncomfortable in the job?
- Trump says he's adjusting to the 'surreal' experience of being president
- it's not so easy to reject the president's paycheck
- Oh look, another security breach.
- Donald J. Trump State Park is as ugly and dilapidated as its namesake’s soul
- Trump tweets and the TV news stories behind them
- Don’t get too excited about a Trump immigration “compromise”
The evil empire:
- Here Are the Top Ten Republican Accomplishments of 2017 So Far
- First month's evaluation.
- Can Republicans Be Trusted to Investigate Trump's Russia Scandal? No.
- A Complete Chronology of Trump's Black History Month Screw-Ups
- The swamp.
- Oh noes, someone mis-identified Spicey's place of birth! The irony!
- Can they actually do that?
- You got five days to submit your designs! Here's some suggestions!
- “The drugs can come under the wall, they can come over the wall, and they can come around the wall.”
Attempting some humor: Pence Gallery to change name for obvious reasons.
- Obama is ready to roll. Or maybe he's leaking, hah hah.
- There's a petition to silence Disney's Donald Trump robot at the Hall of Presidents. There's also a T-shirt.
- The Real Triumph of Town Halls
- The 45th is live.
- Bernie Alums Think They've Found the Secret to Reaching Trump Voters
- How Democrats Are Trying to Corner GOPers on the Trump-Russia Scandal
- An LGBTQ Suicide-Hotline Volunteer on Speaking With Trans Youth in Trump’s America
- Jennifer Garner is attempting to work with the Trumps on improving well, anything.