- Seth Meyers on Frederick Douglass, etc.
- "But can you imagine what the outcry on the right would have been if Michelle Obama had stayed in Chicago after her husbands inauguration, dragged her feet in staffing her office, and forced the White House to close its doors to the public? It would have been a front-page scandal. In a post-Trump era, no Republican is ever allowed to criticize a Democratic first lady for being insufficiently respectful of the dignity of the office." Also, there's no more White House tours thanks to her.
- ""It’s been more than four full days since the Boston order and more than one full day since the Los Angeles order. Nothing has changed."
- Why you have phone anxiety.
- Brianna Wu is running for office. I'm impressed.
- Will this man take down Trump? I dunno, will anyone?
- The flame is out.
- Ikea border wall.
- Alternative swear words.
- 33 false claims in 2 weeks.
- Refugee art posters
- Federal Judge in Seattle Grants Nationwide Temporary Restraining Order Against Travel Ban
- “No one is above the law — not even the President.”
- Russian sues Buzzfeed.
- After 2 Weeks In Office, Trump Faces More Than 50 Lawsuits
- Donald Trump Has Hijacked Democracy. The Response Is Up to the Country.
- No, Trump Won’t Be Removed From Office With the 25th Amendment
- Sanctuary cities in Texas.
- Our xenophobic impulses and loftiest ideals have been in conflict since the founding.
- Track the Ban.
- It's probably a good idea to avoid traveling to America right now.
- "They want to “repair” the health care system more than they want to “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act, if you will."
- Why you might feel like it’s been years since the inauguration
- The massacre that wasn't.
- The Obama-Trump Truce Is Already Over
- The Feedback Loop of Doom for Democratic Norms
- A lot of links about the psychology and brain differences of liberals vs. conservatives.
- Boston/DC/NY protest calendar website.
- The People's Calendar.
- Melania’s office is the loneliest place in the White House
- Melania Trump’s Advisers Assure Us She’ll Do First Lady Things at Some Point
- Best memes of the Bowling Green massacre.
- JK Rowling has no fucks to give for wanker fans: "Guess it's true what they say: you can lead a girl to books about the rise and fall of an autocrat, but you still can't make her think." and "Well, the fumes from the DVDs might be toxic and I've still got your money, so by all means borrow my lighter,"
- So if money is the only thing Senator Burr listens to....
- That's still a shit ton of visas.
- You're making things up again, Conway.
- Hamilton wins award for standing up to Pence.
- Trump's constant chaos accomplishes nothing (Washington Post)
- Silicon Valley is making plans to move foreign-born workers to Canada
- Can only Jared stop the madness...but not during Shabbat?
- Supposedly he and Ivanka helped with the LGBT thing.
- "“Evolution over millions of years gave us the brain we needed at the time we needed it, not the brain we might need down the road,” Shenkman writes. “There’s a mismatch between the brain we inherited from the Stone Age, when mankind lived in small communities, and the brain we need to deal with the challenges we face in a democratic society consisting of millions of people. That mismatch explains why our instincts so often mislead us in politics.”
panicdote (n) - a story about the goings-on in Washington that leaves you convinced the world is maybe about to explode
posted by chris24 at 8:05 AM on February 3
"And Mrs. Trump is pushing back more forcefully on the traditional confines of her position than did Mrs. Obama, who after her husband’s election in 2008 had badly wanted to remain in Chicago with her young daughters while they finished their school year. She was instructed by his political aides that the public would never accept such a move."
IOKIYAR strikes again.