- The Corporate Resistance to Trump Is Hardening
- Obamacare Repeal Is Failing Because It Was Based on a Lie: “At the end of the day, the Affordable Care Act will in some form survive, and the millions of people who are on it will have insurance,” he said. “It’s something this country needed and something people want. Politically, it’s untenable to just wipe it away. So who really won? In my argument, the president, Obama, won. At the end of the day we will have some sort of national health care that’s going to look very similar to what we have.” The mania for destroying the law is faltering because the Republican crusade to kill Obamacare was always based on delusions that are no longer possible to conceal."
- Repealing Obamacare could kill more people each year than gun homicides The best estimate we have on deaths caused by Obamacare repeal: 24,000.
- How to stop an autocracy: The danger isn’t that Trump will build an autocracy. It’s that congressional Republicans will let him.
- NextUpHuddles: the followup to the Women's March.
- Please let this happen.
- Congress's phone system is broken but it's still your best shot.
- Or just harass them via fax.
- Which the FBI will be forcing you to use anyway.
- Texas would like the President to stop threatening.
- Academic visa ban rally.
- New way to go broke with donations! How to Make an Amazon Dash Button That Gives the ACLU $5 Every Time You See Something Terrible
- "This is the single most depressing question I've ever contemplated answering on mefi."
- An appreciation of Chelsea Clinton, Twitter-based shit-starter
- Trump’s Saturday Night Live Fixation Reveals the Cracks in His Fragile Masculinity
- How Trump Has Changed the Way the Daily Show Writers Work: "We used to be able to predict what the show would be the afternoon before the day, and now we just can’t ever assume that the show we have planned at 7 p.m. the night before is going to be anything like the show that’s ultimately going to air the next day."
- Who's really president? There's a Google Chrome extension for that.
- Oh, that fucking figures.
- 5 points about Trump.
- Leaks Suggest Trump’s Own Team Is Alarmed By His Conduct
- When your marriage is 51 percent okay and 49 percent not great, what's the breaking point? Trump.
- "With this prop, he became the surrogate of Donald Trump in Mexican lucha libre."
- "Fuck, marry, kill: Donald Trump, Rick Santorum, Mike Pence. Fuck everything, call off the wedding, kill myself." And also: "Four in 10 Americans support impeaching Trump. Nixon didn’t hit that number until 18 months into the Watergate scandal."
Special Good News Section!
- Good news! You can now get Ivanka's clothes for super cheap!
- The one person on the earth who's having a good time.
Washington Post only section:
- California and President Trump are going to war with each other
- All tantrums, all the time.
- Trump must stop lying or Americans will think he is nuts: TOO LATE!
- Melissa McCarthy on SNL shows the power comedians have under a Trump presidency
- The Simpsons predictions are just getting creepy.
- How low can an approval rating go? Let's find out!
- The theater community's trying to figure out what to do. "Silver Spring’s Forum Theatre is moving even more quickly. This spring, the company has decided swiftly to add to its calendar “Building the Wall,” by Robert Schenkkan, the Tony-winning author of the procedural drama about Lyndon B. Johnson, “All the Way.” The two-character piece, the dystopian story of a terrorist attack that triggers the imprisonment of millions of immigrants, is hot off Schenkkan’s computer. Interest around the country is so intense that the work, supported by the Washington-based National New Play Network, already has been scooped up by Los Angeles’s Fountain Theatre, Denver’s Curious Theatre and Tucson’s Borderlands Theater, which also plan to present the play in the coming months. Dove says that he’s hoping to mount “Building the Wall” in April in a space he can find in the District. “Things are moving quickly,” Dove said, “and we all want to get this up as soon as possible.”
- I just want to save this quote for my own delight: "The mail came. There was a pink pussy hat in it. (sister sent me a surprise) I feel like I received a piece of magic armor to help protect me during my quests into Dark Enlightenment World and Bannonland."
- And this one from one of the people I sent a hat to: "I got the hat and as soon as I put it on I felt invincible!"