- A White House spokeswoman on Monday said she doesn't think President Trump accepts the FBI Director's denial of the president's claims that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower before the election.
- I, for one, am willing to believe my president is a man of action. Thus I can only assume that at some point, on or around 20 February of this year, Trump exterminated Isis. Any subsequent media mention of their nefarious activity is “fake news”.
- "Yet here we have an official of Trump’s own government telling the Washington Post that the details were hashed out over dinner, with the president’s chief political strategist in attendance but his national security adviser absent, at a lavish $200,000-a-year private beach club, with the purpose of brightening the president’s mood. Trump has had his share of frustrations over the course of his young presidency, but this is the part he finds fun."
- These Days, Business Travel By Trump's Sons Is Costly And Complicated
- Secret Service faces massive bill for protecting Trump
- How's he going to deal with this?
- This weekend's leaks.
The Evil Empire:
- "With Kellyanne Conway currently on timeout for putting her damn shoes on the furniture, the White House has scrambled to find someone capable of speaking out of the side of their mouth, the better to dispense bullshit with. Sarah “I Love My Dad, Mike” Huckabee Sanders drew the short straw, and was thrown into the lion’s den, where she made hilariously inadequate attempts to walk back Trump’s assertion that Barack Obama had ordered a wiretap on his phones. In true Trump official fashion, Huckabee Sanders managed to disparage the media, compare the Cheeto in chief to Jesus, and basically, do everything except answer the direct questions posed to her."
- Where's Rex?
- The Coming Democratic Majority? Not So Fast.
- Oh for fuck's sake.
- Ben Carson just wants everyone to be nice.
This week's travel ban:
- Meet the New Travel Ban, Same as the Old Travel Ban
- "This page shows a comparison of the executive orders on immigration posted on January 27, 2017 and March 6, 2017. Strikeout indicates portions deleted in the March 6 order. Underlining indicates portions added by the March 6 order."
- President Trump’s new travel ban is much narrower — and possibly courtproofed
Health care and/or a lack thereof:
- After Six Years of Complaining, GOP Releases a Health Plan With Unknown Cost and Coverage Numbers
- The Republicans’ bill to replace Obamacare, explained
- Trump’s statement on the House GOP’s Obamacare bill is a non-endorsement
- America needs to decide: is health care something we owe our citizens? "If you can't afford health care, should the state let you die?" And other basic questions we're avoiding.
- Bye bye Planned Parenthood, of course.
- “Offering money to Planned Parenthood to abandon our patients and our values is not a deal that we will ever accept,”
- "The Congressional Budget Office said Friday that its projections for the federal government's spending on the Affordable Care Act's coverage provisions in 2019 are now a third lower than what they were when the law was passed in 2010."
Fear and loathing:
- Does Obama Have Grounds to Sue Trump for Libel?
- "One of my friends, a Canadian citizen, born in Canada, holding a Canadian passport was held at the land border for 6 hours yesterday, fingerprinted and refused entry to the USA. She was going for a spa day. The border guard would not explain why she was denied entry but told her she'd "been Trumped". My friend has plans to go to Miami for a concert (tickets already bought) later this month. They said she'd need to go to Ottawa to apply for a visa. She was planning her bachelorette later this year in Miami as well.
My family had already cancelled a trip to Washington DC. I don't see us crossing the border anytime soon."
- This is how we reward people.
- Your travel privileges are being reviewed.
- "Today, in Florida, my Sikh parents accidentally received a package from UPS intended for the neighbors across the street, Trump supporters."
- "Russian hackers are targeting U.S. progressive groups in a new wave of attacks, scouring the organizations’ emails for embarrassing details and attempting to extract hush money, according to two people familiar with probes being conducted by the FBI and private security firms."
- "You start to get the idea that people would rather be anywhere (or anywhen) than 2017."
- Russia is the slow burn of the Trump administration, and it’s not going away
Audio: Samantha Bee and Jo Miller.
Just for fun?
- Stephen King makes up his own tweetspiracies for Trump to use.
- The Case for Banning White Male Americans From America
- Signs Designating "Future Internment Camp" Go Up At Empty Lots Nationwide
- 21st Century Bastards Toys.
Sexism and science: "But how would their perceptions change, she wondered, if the genders of the candidates were switched? She pictured an actress playing Trump, replicating his words, gestures, body language, and tone verbatim, while an actor took on Clinton’s role in the same way." Sadly, all the videos got deleted. My impression of what I could see before they shut down was that the actor came off a bit prissy, but hoo boy, was the woman pretty terrifying and bunny-boiler-y during the "lurking" parts of round 2. Very loud, very annoying!
- The Day Without A Woman strike, explained.
- At least 2 school districts are canceling classes because of the women’s strike
- 300 called out to strike.
- Democratic senator says they could shut down the government if Republicans stonewall on Russia investigation O RLY?
- Here Are The Official Photos Showing Trump’s Inauguration Crowds Were Smaller Than Obama’s