- How Good a Listener Is Donald Trump? He leans forward, tilts his head to the side, and doesn’t quite catch what you’re talking about.
- Part of President Trump’s 2005 tax return was just revealed on a segment of The Rachel Maddow Show. Even better, the guy who got the pages leaked to him says Trump leaks shit to him all the time, like girl pics. Oh look, here's proof Trump leaked it. Also, that was probably his best year.
- Donald Trump’s got another survey for you, and it also sucks
- He doesn't want a dog.
- A new bill would allow employers to see your genetic information — unless you pay a fine This makes me so mad.
- The GOP's Obamacare dilemma, in one uncomfortably honest Trump statement
- 12 GOP senators have criticized Paul Ryan’s health care bill. 3 defections kill it.
- How Republicans Can Win by Making Their Peace With Obamacare
- Republicans Can’t Defend Trumpcare on the Merits. So they’re not even trying.
- One Conservative Wonk Tried Really Hard to Debunk to the Blockbuster CBO Report. It Didn't Go Well.
- The GOP plan for Obamacare could kill more people each year than gun homicides
- Trump can “fix” Obamacare by doing nothing.
- GOP Straight Up Wants People to Die (Almost Literally)
The Evil Empire:
- Kellyanne’s Alternative Universe and interview with the author of it.
- As an expert witness for Whole Foods, Kellyanne Conway gave testimony that was deemed 'fundamentally flawed' and thrown out
- "People are reluctant to hire me, because, ‘oh my gosh, he’s a bigot’ – which is the last thing I am.”
- Steve Bannon Thinks You're Stupid
Hell if I know what to call this stuff:
- I Read Only News for Kids for an Entire Week
- How Hitler Conquered Germany
- Global Warming’s Threat to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- How to get birth control online.
- 20 Years Ago, Starship Troopers Showed Us What Happens When Fascism Wins
- Your microwave isn’t spying on you, but your vibrator might be
- Fallon forced to get more political, like everyone else.
- In addition to playing everyone else in the Evil Empire, have Kate play Trump!
Fear and loathing:
- The facts on why facts alone can’t fight false beliefs
- How Facebook, fake news and friends are warping your memory
- U.S. Customs continue to turn away SXSW performers
- Now what's Trump gonna do about his taxes? "Trump's current finances are set to face a new test with the coming April 15 tax deadline. He has steadfastly refused to release his returns, pointing both to ongoing audits and to his belief that Americans do not care to see them. However, a Pew Research Center survey in January found that 60 percent of Americans believe Trump has a responsibility to release his returns. All U.S. presidents are automatically audited every year, as prescribed by a guideline in the Internal Revenue Service manual in place for presidents and vice presidents since the 1970s. Trump could break with that tradition by urging Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to call for a change to the practice, legal experts said. Trump has not said whether he would follow the tradition of the annual audit."
- "House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) says Obamacare is in a “death spiral,” and he should know: He’s the one who cut the power to Obamacare’s engines and pointed its nose downward. President Trump says, “ObamaCare is imploding and will only get worse,” and he should know: He’s the one who placed the explosives under Obamacare’s foundation. House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-Ore.), co-author of the GOP health-care bill, says of Obamacare: “We’ve arrived at the scene of a pretty big wreck.” And he, too, should know: He’s the one who dumped oil and tire spikes on the road."
- "Since Trump’s election, Republican lawmakers appear to be crossing a new line: making comments that are racially insensitive, trafficking in conspiracy theories and airing politically incorrect views that provoke mild criticism but not always wholesale rejection from members of their own party."
- Glenn Beck is really sorry about the world he brought about. “In my life, I’ve had so many come-to-Jesus pivot points,” he says, “and I keep searching. Jesus and Hitler could both draw a crowd by saying, ‘You have pain. I have the way to make it stop.’ ” He stops. He says maybe he shouldn’t have said that. And then he says, “You don’t want to live inside my brain.”
- "Mark your calendars for this day in history: March 14 is the day a White House press secretary was forced to comment on the surveillance capabilities of the microwave."
- What happens when there's an actual crisis?
- Trump's typical MO. "THIS IS TRUMP’S MODUS OPERANDI:-- Whenever he is under fire for something in a sustained way, he makes a shocking claim or provocative declaration about something else to change the subject."
- Someone's going to vote no.
- Pod Save America does an AMA.
- Tomorrow is The Ides of Trump. I got my postcards mailed tonight for tomorrow's mail. Long may we clog boxes.
- Postcards from the Edge.