I had to start over the top pattern completely.
I had finished the first row of flowers and was about halfway through the second when I noticed it: the sweater was suspiciously bumpy where the pattern wasn't. I thought I had left the strings in between loose enough for this not to be a problem. Evidently not.
I tried on the sweater. Nope, didn't look any better on. In addition to that, the second row of flowers just looked...crowded.
So, I had to yank it all out Monday. Took a damned long time to untangle 4 balls of yarn.
Next time I redo it, I'm only putting one row of flowers, and the rest is purple.