So, I haven't updated this blog in awhile.
Truth is, I haven't done that much crafting lately. I had my apartment flooded (for the second time, mind you) in January and between being utterly distracted by that, and then spending the next month cleaning the place after I got to move back into it, I really haven't crafted much. I do, however, now have a very nicely organized craft room, and donated a lot of craft stuff I wasn't using to my volunteer job. So there's that.
While cleaning, I discovered that I have an entire LARGE BOX of T-shirts that I acquired for cutting-up purposes. About three quarters of them are only good for the logo (or at least the rest of the shirt is white, or small, or large, or not interesting enough to make into an outfit). Looking at the GIANT BOX OF SHIRTS, I thought, "Geez, I haven't done ANY T-shirt stuff in awhile, I need to clean this box out and get some stuff made." This naturally leads to the thought of making a T-shirt quilt, which is the largest thing I could make to use them up. Except for where I uh, kind of hate quilting. I'm not overly fond of making things that are larger than I am, I hate having to use interfacing, and all the interfacing and batting and extra fabric for backing the thing would get rather expensive for my usually really cheap T-shirt hobby. Then it occurred to me that my first T-shirt book has instructions as to how to make a blanket... and that might be easier, since all that requires is sewing the shirts onto some bedsheet or fleece or something. That's a possibility. I'll have to ponder this one when I have a free weekend to go into the CC and figure this shit out.
On the yarn front, I did finally finish the Trout River sweater/vest combo, but I sure as hell took a long-ass time doing it. I also kept redoing the sleeves over and over, which is even more fun when you have to use double-pointed needles. Which are not my favorite thing in life. It did come out very nicely (once I just upped the sleeve size because I hate skintight sleeves), and I got to wear it once before it warmed up again. I have taken pictures, but as usual I haven't gotten around to Photoshopping the darned things yet.
My current project, also involving DPN's, alas, is making a combination fingerless gloves with mitten flap set. This isn't too hard, and yet somehow I keep having to redo the flaps OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN for some reason. Definitely done after the weather gets good, but oh well.
I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next, yarnwise. I am pondering making the Dutch Treat skirt from the latest Stitch N' Bitch book, but throwing in random yarns to make different stripes or something like that. Not sure if that will work out, but I might give it a shot. I also am vaguely pondering making a freeform garment, though part of me is all, "dear god, I don't know what I'm doing on that" and I don't have that much will to start it. I am kind of at a loss yarnwise. Mostly I'm looking for a use for my handspuns... and I need to go make more handspun because I stocked up for the rest of the year over the winter on roving.
I took a felting class in winter quarter, which alternated between making needlefelted items and wetfelted. I did another scarf and a pillow. Wet felting isn't my favorite thing ever, but the instructor made it pretty easy, and you weren't sitting in wet for hours to do it. So that's not bad.
This quarter I am going to take mosaic glass fusing. I figure it'll be interesting information that might relate to me teaching non-fused mosaic...which I may do this summer if anyone signs up for it. Nobody did in the winter so I don't hold out much hope for it (I didn't even bother to do a lesson plan for it!), but whatever. What can you do.